Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wynnum Op Shop Finds

Sam and I went on a op shopping expedition to Wynnum this afternoon.  Wynnum is op shopping heaven - there are like six or seven shops within three streets!  Here are some of our finds...

From the Asthma Foundation (131 Bay Terrace), all these amazing vintage childrens books ($4 for them all!).  My favourites are the two French books, 'Moustache a Disparu' (I think it's about a cat named Moustache that gets lost!  It was published in 1966!) and Mon Ami Pierrot (my friend Pierrot?  Published in 1973). 


From Australian Red Cross (Edith Street Arcade), this cute top vesty thing ($7).  Sorry the picture is blurry.


Sam also got this fabulous suit for $3.50!  $3.50 suit what?


From the Salvos (111 Bay Terrace), a couple of metres of super cute floral fabric ($1!), a lovely vase ($3) and three Babysitters Club books ($1 each - I couldn't help it, I was an avid fan when I was little).  Sam also got a awesome mug with the Queen on it ($2) and a weird wooden scupture thing. 


From Aid For The Blind (82 Florence Street), this tin wall hanging of deer ($4)...  I think it may be my favourite thing of the day. 


And finally, from another shop on Edith Street (I can't remember what it was called) this charming old Postman Pat book ($2.80).


So there you have it!  A rather successful day I think. :)



4 comments:

  1. kate your a op-shopping ninja champion

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh crap delete delete i made a grammatical faux pas on the interwebs
    *you're

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha. We forgive you. :)

    ReplyDelete