Monday, October 4, 2010

Magnificant Desk thus far...

After a massive declutter, a car boot full of bags for Lifeline and a lovely Friday afvo peak-hour jaunt to IKEA, I have the beginnings of my Magnificant Desk!



The rack is my favourite, my beautiful wonderful boyfriend got special drill bits to attach it to the wall.


 I got these boxes to store all my bits and bobs.  The big one is printing paper and the top one is photos.  Topped with all my softie making books!


My scrapbook, the most amazing Christmas craft/food/magic book in the world, my ideas book, my other ideas book and my new Frankie diary!  And all my especially good magazines.


My Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe.  The empty jar because my feng shui book says you should leave some empty space in your life so new things can come into it. :)


New iPod dock I got for my birthday, enabling me to listen to sweet tunes (currently, I have a girl crush on Lisa Mitchell) while I create things.
I made this crocked little crochet heart today - after several attempts, it's the first proper crochet thing I've ever finished!  I used this pattern from Bella Dia, it's really clear and easy to follow (unlike most crochet patterns!).  Mine's definitely not as pretty as hers, but I bought a smaller crochet hook today so hopefully this will make my second attempt a bit neater!

I'd like to get a shelf to go above the bar on the wall, but I have zero dollars in the bank at present after paying for our India tour (Backroads to Rajasthan with Geckos) so this is a long term plan!
 
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment