Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Heart Master Chef

Yep, so I'm hooked. Callum on Master Chef made amazing violet macarons the other night so I was inspired to attempt this near impossible delicacy.  Below are Callum's life altering macarons followed by mine...   In my defence, I didn't really think they would turn out (our oven is literally 20 years old for a start), I just wanted to have a little experiment with them and see what happened.  Also, this was after I fiddled with them a bit, they didn't look SO terrible straight out of the oven.  But needless to say: epic macaron fail.


Project 365, 21/06/10:

My picture for Monday is Josephine before our exam, with a tiny cupcake I got her as payback for 13 weeks of free lifts and parking at uni.  Generous, yes.

Tuesday, 22 June (day six) was a late-night-forgot-to-take-a-picture-Sam-say-cheese number.  I like it though.


Wednesday (23/06) was Dennika's choice of reading material for her flight to Hong Kong - London.  I am envious of the flight, but not the entertainment (it's The Last Song in case you can't see).




Which brings us to today, Thursday, day seven of Project 365.  In true form, I worked a four hour shift at Myer and managed to spend two thirds of the money I earned there on my break/on the way out.  But I believe this how to make macarons book was a valid investment.  Hopefully I will be posting pictures of macaron wins in weeks to come.  :)  Also featured is my dog lamp, maybe the coolest thing I have ever owned.


I have a stats exam at 8AM (last one!) so should be studying, but will no doubt end up watching Master Chef.  I will be sad if Jonathon gets eliminated.  But not as sad as Kevin Rudd is today.  Although I am trying to keep an open mind about this political change, I am v. disappointed that Australia's first female Prime Minister had to get into office by sneaking in the backdoor.  Also a bit cranky that two weeks ago, she said she'd be more likely to be a starting forward for the Western Bulldogs than challenge the leadership. Whilst I am not overly stoked about many of Rudd's decisions, I clearly recall voting for him to be the Prime Minister. Pretty sure that tradesies should not be allowed, as I do also vaguely recall something about living in a democracy where like, the Australian public elects their leader or something?  Oh wait no, democracy isn't real.

That's all for today.  Go Jonathon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment