Monday, June 14, 2010

House Things

Here are some of the lovely things I have bought recently for Unit 9 and 3/4.

Some beautiful vintage tupperware containers like these:



I have the three orange ones and three of the little greenies in my collection.  The greenies I bought at the Paddington Antique Centre and as such, paid significantly more for them than the orange ones, which I thought were quite a steal - $18 for the three at Endos on LaTrobe Terrace (I <3 Paddington).  They still have the original labels saying self raising flour, flour and coconut, so I obliged and filled them with the right stuff. :)

I also bought this little Maxwell and Williams teapot:

I've been hunting for the teapot of my dreams and I don't quite think this is it.  It's only a tea for two one, but I thought it would look lovely in our kitchen and do the trick while I continue my teapot quest.

In the same trip (Robin's Kitchen is conveniently located between where we park the car and where we do our groceries), I also got these cute cannisters.


They look lovely here filled with lollies, but I have much more grown-uply filled them with rice and pasta and such. :)

NB: All these containers are revolutionising the way we live our lives!  They've got little labels and everything!

I've worked in dinnerware at Myer for almost a year now and last weekend finally indulged in a totally-white-everything-matches dinnerset.  After eyeing them off this whole time (and with a little nudge from my very matching Grandma) I decided in favour of Salt and Pepper's Edge 16 piece.


It just so happened when I finally decided to get one, this very dinnerset was 50% off.  Bliss. 

Saved the best until last.  I was procrastinating from study the other day (much like I am right now) and came across this beautiful print from www.keepcalmgallery.com

It was a big splurge but I love it with allllll my heart and it will look splendid in our new kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment