Monday, December 6, 2010

I Love Suitcase Rummage!

Yesterday, before Zombies!! The Musical rehearsals, I finally got a chance to venture to the Suitcase Rummage in King George Square.  As I'm sure everyone but me knew ages before I found out about it, the Suitcase Rummage is basically a big market where anyone can bring a couple of suitcases full of whatever they want and peddle their wares.  I've been trying to go to one since about August, but was always working/rehearsing/doing something way less fun than going to the Suitcase Rummage.

Anyway I finally got there yesterday and it is completely awesome.  Every kind of person you can image lugged big suitcases into the city and to set up shop and I got a few fabulous finds.

Awesome old tin ($5), butterfly brooch ($3) by Sarah from Love and Two Guns and an extraordinary box of extraordinary buttons ($10).


A brain brooch ($14)!  I have been hanging out to get my hands on one of these for ages!  Made by Simone from Your Organ Grinder.  She also makes hearts and lungs and other bits in jars.  Very cool.


A moustache on a stick ($2).  Why not?


This is another picture of the buttons.  They really are very cool.


I am off to Wynnum under the guise of buying a Zombies!! costume so hopefully will be reporting back with more fabulous stuff for which I have no need and probably cannot afford. :)  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment